I went through a laser eye procedure (PRK) about fourth months ago (no, my eyes don't shoot lasers...yet) with Dr. Beyer at Boulder Eyes in Boulder, CO. I wanted to share my experience because I had difficulty finding review for the practice. I'll likely go into more detail in the future.
Quick overview: it has gone exceedingly well and I would recommend it.
- Gone from not being able to make out people's face from across the room to 20/15 (pure awesomeness)
- No longer have to deal with glasses (double awesomeness)
- Very experience staff put me at ease, seeing as I have only one set of eyes
- Minor halo around lights at night (not enough to affect what I can do, but noticeable)
- Recovery took longer than expected (was told the average was a week; ended up taking two); make sure to plan for extra time just in case
- Cost a bit more than the other places I looked at (minor for me considering the importance of the procedure)
If anyone comes across this post has any more questions, feel free to post them.